Saturday, October 18, 2008

Piedras (rocks)

What motivates you?
It's a good question that I think very few of us ask ourselves. I was viewing the Teach For America website along with a private environmental consulting company in Lexington and it just came to me...what would motivate me if I ever found a future in either? I think that for me, the opportunity for a challenge motivates me. Can I do this? I have yet to find something that is too hard, it all depends on my determination. It's less about if I think something is the right fit and more about the opportunity to try something new. Life is full of new surprises, new opportunities and new adventure, however, we often miss them because we are so focused on one thing that it becomes difficult to take a hold of life's many obstacles and make them stepping stones. Our greatest challenges often open the very doors and truths we have been seeking. Let God help you turn your stumbling stones into bridges to the blessed future He has for you. Blessings in Christ.
-J

No comments: