Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Strength

If anything I know is true, I know this is true, man cannot exist without community. I pray for a community. A community of believers. Being in Costa Rica for the past three months makes me wonder what the early patriarchs felt being in a strange land. I wonder how Joseph felt being the only Israelite in all of Egypt. I wonder how Paul felt being in the prison in Rome for a number of years. He says in Romans 7:19 "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do-this I keep on doing." He knew what it was to fight for Christ and feel defeated. We all feel that at some point. Some of us feel it more often than not. But later he says "Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand." (Romans 14:4) So there is hope. Insert your name where it says 'he' and you will know that you can stand. It just amazes me that at the end of Acts that Paul is chained to a guard and under house arrest, yet still it is written "Boldy and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ." (Acts 28:31) -God may I boldly preach your Kingdom without hindrance! Amen in Christ Jesus' Name.
Thank God we have Christ to help us stand, because surely not by our might can we stand. For this is the reason Paul says to the Philippians "I Paul have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Christ Jesus who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:11-13)
-God teach me to be able to do all things in Christ Jesus and HIS strength. In Christ Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: